Sunday, January 8, 2012

Where Was My Brain Today?

I guess you can't have a good day everyday!!
Not like today was a bad day or anything but I really have to question,
"Where was my brain today?"
I'm probably one of the most organized and routine following people you will ever meet. I was scheduled to work today at noon and in order to give myself enough time to get ready for work I would have needed to start getting ready at 10:00 AM. My brain was obviously on vacation this morning because when I got up at 10 this morning, I said to myself, "I still have an hour till I need to get ready!" So I got all comfortable on the couch and read my book for an hour. At 11:00 I closed my book and headed up the stairs to the shower. Only, I took my time picking out an outfit and it wasn't until 11:15 that I finally hopped in the shower. I took my time getting ready until I received a phone call from my job. I was confused as to why they would be calling me. I thought, "Do they want me to come in early or something?" I answered the phone and discovered that it was 12:15!!!
OMG!!!!
I was late....I'm never late....I've never done anything like this before in my life!!!
Where was my brain today?
I was a panicked mess as I tried to hurry up and finish getting ready. Luckily I only live 5 minutes away from my job and I only ended up being 30 minutes late. I was so embarrassed. It didn't help that when I first arrived I had the honor and privilege to help one of our most obnoxious and demanding customers ever!! Anyway...it took me about 2 hours to calm down and for my adrenaline to cease. I'm okay now and now I can laugh about the whole thing but this morning I was a mess!
I still don't know where my brain was today...I guess stress won that battle!

1 comment:

Kami said...

I've done that before! Where I see the clock, but I don't really register the time. It is terrible. I love the picture you found!