Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fort Worth, Here I Come

The word is out!
Almost everyone at work and church know by now that I'll be moving to Fort Worth, Texas at the end of February. I've mentioned in a few posts that I'm moving, but I wanted to make an official post dedicated to just the move. I've known since before Thanksgiving but I personally didn't want the word out till after the new year. My dad's job had been asking him all last year if he would like to transfer to Fort Worth, but every time he would bring it up to my mom or me, we would give him such a hard time about NOT wanting to move that he finally told his job to take him off the transfer list. It wasn't until probably about end of October or early November that my dad's job asked him again. He called my mom as she was leaving her shift at the Temple and he asked her to pray about it. After much prayer and contemplation my mother finally felt that it was a good idea. She told me the very next day because I was getting ready to register for Spring classes and I wouldn't be able to go to school with the move being during early Spring. My dad is supposed to be at his new job on March 1 and so we have to be moved before then.
Of course I don't have to go with them, but under the circumstance
s I really have no choice. I'm in no position to take care of myself with my measly income and I don't really want to be alone anyway since Fort Worth is about 4 hours away from Houston. My parents went house hunting last week and this will be our new home...I'm feeling tons of anxiety and I'm sad leaving my home town. I was raised in the house we currently live in and I'm going to leave a lot of memories. But I'm excited at the same time. I think this will be a good place to start completely over with a clean slate. No one in Fort Worth is going to know anything about my past and I'd like to keep it like that until absolutely necessary. My older brother lives in Dallas and so we'll be able to spend more time with him being so much closer. I'll have to find a new job and college to attend but I'm sure everything will work out!
Fort Worth, here I come!!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Wow! Congrats on the move!! I LOVE LOVE the house. It is beautiful! Good luck withe everything.

Melanie said...

Pretty House! It's gonna be a great experience, I'm excited for you. I'll miss you though! I guess my office will never get cleaned again, lol.