Monday, January 9, 2012

Twiddling My Thumbs and Picking My Nose

Today was, I think, one of the slowest days I have ever witnessed in the world of retail. I don't know if it was because it was a Monday or because of the horrible rainy weather (probably both), but it was extremely slow.
I started my work shift at 10:00 AM and when I left for my lunch at 1:30, I had only sold $51.48!!! That's pathetic, really! It wasn't until 4:00 that business really began to pick up and my sales went from $51.48-$202.82 between 3:00 and 4:30 PM. By the time I left work at 5:30 PM, I had sold $432.10 and the store had sold a total of $811.58. Usually by the end of my 7 hour shifts I sell over $1,000 by myself.
With a slow day like today there is really nothing to do but twid
dle your thumbs and pick your nose!!

2 comments:

Kami said...

ha ha! funny post. I will be joining the retail world soon myself. I'm looking for a job.

Kristin said...

Ooo good luck!