Thursday, January 26, 2012

Expensive Day

It has been an expensive day for me!! I'm trying to get dentist and doctor appointments taken care of before I move. I figure that will give me time to find a new doctor, dentist, and gynecologist when I arrive in Fort Worth...and less stress for me now.
So...it used to cost me anywhere from $50-$60 to get my teeth cleaned without insurance when I lived in Utah. So when I made the appointment to get my teeth cleaned this morning, I figured it would cost about the same.
WRONG!!!
All they did was scrape my teeth, brush and floss them
and it ended up costing me $122!!! Crazy!!! Then the dentist recommended that I replace one of my fillings (something about bacteria) and so they were able to get me another appointment for later in the afternoon. After I payed for the cleaning they told me that it would cost me $193 for the filling replacement!!! WTF? It totally sucks not having insurance of any kind. My mom and I had made plans to get our nails done after my cleaning this morning, before I realized it was going to cost me $315 to do teeth stuff. The nail salon we go to is just a few buildings down from the dentist and so my mom planned on meeting there. After my expensive cleaning I tried to call my mom and tell her that I would have to cancel due to expenses. I was unable to get a hold of her until she pulled up in the parking spot next to me. I explained my dilemma and luckily she was willing to pay for my nails!! Phew!!! I went back to the dentist after lunch for the filling and I got to experience the joys of receiving a paralyzed face...and several hours later it is still numb! I was extremely relieved when I went to pay and they only charged me $60. PHEW!!! I'm so relieved that it wasn't a $315 day but it was still an expensive day for teeth.
PS: I'm slightly disappointed with my nails this time. I went to the same place as the purple tips and had the same guy do them but they didn't turn out as nice today. My only disappointment is that I chose to have my tips a dark pink (almost red) color and they turned out much lighter than their di
splay nail :(

1 comment:

Kami said...

Ouch! That is a lot of money. We didn't have dental insurance for our last dentist visit either, and it sucked.