Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Hunger Games Trilogy

Shortly after I got out of school last semester, one of my friends started reading The Hunger Games and he suggested that I read them too. It was fun reading them at the same time because we could talk to each other about the books. Anyway, I finished Mockingjay last night and wanted to share my thoughts.
I think, for me, the first book was the best. I enjoyed the story and the events the best. The second book comes in a semi close second and my least favorite was the last one. The last book was a little too depressing for me. Even though the story had a semi good ending, the majority of the book was too depressing for my taste. I would have hoped that Suzanne Collins would have gotten a little more detailed about Katniss and Peeta's "happy ending!" Instead all she gave them was a stinkin paragraph and a short epilogue. I guess I like mushy love stories and she didn't give their story justice in the end, for my taste.
Overall I enjoyed the series and I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie in March. I've watched the trailer a few times and it looks good!

1 comment:

Kami said...

I LOVE that series. I thought the last book had a really ending. I don't think there was any other way the revolution could have gone down. I wasn't too interested in the love triangle. I know a lot of ladies had your opinion though.