Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nasty Thieves

Let's just say that some thieves are smarter than others and today I encountered some pretty stupid ones!
*For the record: Customer Service has 2 registers; 1 on the east side and 1 on the west*
This kinda gross looking dude comes to my register on the east side with two shirts. I proceed to ring up his shirts and the total came to something like $54.10. He hands me a Palais Royal card with the name June Demarough. I asked him for ID and he told me that it was his mother's card. Normally I can be pretty lazy and just swipe the card even without ID but my gut stopped me and told me to decline the purchase without an ID. I asked him if he was an authorized user on the account and he told me that he was not. I then told him I was unable to use the card without seeing a valid government issued ID. He told me that his mother was IN THE STORE and that he would go get her if I would just hold the shirts for him. No more than two minutes later, I see an even nastier looking girl coming toward my west register. I walked across my aisle to the other register to ask if she needed some help. My gut told me that these two nasty people were probably working together and I wouldn't be shocked if she tried to use the same card he had. I started ringing up her pile of clothes and her total came to something like $147 and some change.
Here it comes.....
She hands me a Palais Royal credit card and what do ya know? Same name....
June Demarough!
*Let's pause for just a minute here
*
Did these fools really think that I was stupid enough not to notice that in a span of 5 minutes I wouldn't recognize that name on the card? Did they think that I would think this nasty woman in front of me was June? I have no idea what these drug addict fools were thinking...but I ain't no dummy!!! ;-p
I think that they were stupid...the nasty guy should have told the nasty girl to go to a different associate to check out!! I'm glad that they didn't because I was able to decline her purchase too and I saved our store $201.30!
More like I saved June Demarough $201.30 on her stolen card. What's funny is that I asked the nasty girl for ID and she told me that it was her mother's card...ok...but then she told me that her mother WAS NOT HERE and that she would come back another day with her mother. The nasty guy had told me that June was there and the nasty girl told me that June was not there!!! Get your stories right.....IDIOTS!!!! Better yet...stay stupid cause stealing is wrong!
I saved your booty Ms. June!

1 comment:

Kami said...

Wow! Those people were way dumb. I hope they never get to use that card.