Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Good and Eventful Day

Today was probably the best day I've had so far in 2012! I'm not saying that today was the best day ever, but compared to the events I've encountered recently, it was awesome.

I started out the day by going to the nail salon with my m
om to get our nails done. We went to get our nails done together a little before Christmas and we went to a nail place that neither one of us had ever used. Actually, we went to the location of the nail place my mother used to use, but since my mom hasn't gotten her nails done in over a year, her nail place was replaced by some Cecy's Hair and Nails place. We decided to give Cecy's a shot since we were there.
BIG MISTAKE!
Have you ever had a Mexican do your nails? Not really common in the nail industry....and for good reason. I couldn't communicate
with the lady AT ALL!!! She did the best she could do with what she could understand but I HATED MY NAILS WHEN SHE WAS DONE!!! I actually cried the whole drive home because they looked so horrible.
I wanted a deep red "SHIMMERY" tip and I ended up getting nasty chunks of glitter with only a few specks of red. It was nauseating looking at my nails. I wanted to go somewhere else to get them re-done, but I decided to save my money and wait 3 more weeks for a refill.
I saw a young girl at work who had her nails done EXACTLY how I had wanted my done and so I asked her where she went. Turns out she w
ent to a nail salon not too far from my home called Elegant Nails. My mom and I headed over to the salon this morning only to find out that they were booked with appointments till 4:00 in the afternoon! Forget it...it wasn't even noon yet when we arrived. They must be good if they were booked till 4. Luckily I saw a nail place right across the street and so we headed over. I trusted the place since they are located in a ritzy area and need to produce good product for the clientele of the area. I'm glad we stopped by because my mom and I both LOVE OUR NAILS!!! I couldn't be happier with how they turned out. The dude did EXACTLY what I wanted and I'm thrilled. When my nails look good...I FEEL AMAZING and SEXY!!!
Maybe not what you might like personally, but I wanted to try something different and I was craving deep purple and silver!!! I love them. My mom and I plan on going back at least one more time before we move. Go Sup
er Nails!!!

After we got our beautiful nails done, we joined my father at the movie theater to see War Horse!!!
The movie was really good and I recommend it for everyone to see. The movie had some really touching parts that made me all teary eyed, but that's probably because I'm a crazy animal lover. Go see it if you haven't because I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

After the movie I just relaxed the rest of the day and watched some of my shows that I recorded while I was still in school. Now that bedtime is approaching I think I'll read my book until I get sleepy.

I hope everyone else had a good day too!

2 comments:

Kami said...

The first picture of your nails looks like a little girl did them. I think my nieces could have done better. Did you pay for that? I love the shade of purple you used the 2nd time around. I am a purple lover!

Kristin said...

Unfortunately I did have to pay for the ugly glitter nails, but I really didn't want to!