Thursday, January 19, 2012

Birthday Events

I had wanted to do this before I went to bed on Tuesday but I never had the chance to do so.
I started my birthday by waking up, well rested, to the most beautiful gloomy and dismal day ever!! There was absolutely NO sunshine ALL day! I believe that I suffer with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and so I always struggle to be happy on days when there is no sunshine. I forced myself to put on a smile and get out of bed. My mom was waiting in the living room to wish me a happy birt
hday. She handed me a birthday card that contained a $50 gift card to Charming Charlie; a store I've never shopped at. I tried to act happy and figured I'd be able to find something to spend that $50. My mother left to run errands and I absolutely refused to be alone and lonely on my birthday so I forced myself to shower and get beautified for the day. I decided to spend some time at Charming Charlie and spend my gift card.
It was a cute store but I'm not sure if it's a store I would buy much from. Luckily I was able to find some pieces of jewelry that came to almost $50. I'll have to go back before we move to spend the rest of my $1.39! When I got home I decided to eat a light lunch and watch the new TV show Alcatraz.We had recorded the 2 hour pilot the night before and I decided that I wanted to watch it while I ate my lunch. I thoroughly enjoyed the show and I didn't want it to end. I can tell that I'm really going to enjoy the series, but I love everything that J.J. Abrams writes. I can't wait for the next episode next Monday night. After the show I fiddled with the computer until my dad came home from work. I had decided that I wanted my birthday dinner at Red Lobster this year. It isn't my favorite restaurant but they had the meal that I was craving; Shrimp Linguini
Alfredo.After dinner we headed over to the movie theater to watch Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. I thought the movie was pretty good but maybe just a little odd at the same time. I have a hard time following these new Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes movies. I guess I have a hard time relating to this version of Sherlock Holmes. However, I was not disappointed with the film! It was pretty late in the evening when we got home so my parents went to bed immediately. I can't really remember what I did when I got home to be honest. I may be omitting some events due to memory loss but I know the last thing I did was read my book till I fell asleep.
Now, there is absolutely no laughing allowed for the remainder of reading this post....okay?
Remember that night I was sooo bored and didn't want to do anything but read, but I didn't have a book to read? Well.....I browsed through my mom's measly library in the study, out of pure desperation, and I fell upon my mom's ancient Nancy Drew collection. She also has the Hardy Boy's collection too. Anyway, OUT OF PURE DESPERATION I decided to read a Nancy Drew. She d
oesn't have the first book so I started with the second book in the collection:The Hidden Staircase.
Surprisingly, I'm enjoying the book. Obviously it was written for a different decade and a younger age group but I'm still intrigued with the plot. If I'm enjoying the book now, imagine how good it would have been when I was 10 or 11?
STOP LAUGHING
Anyway, those were the primary events of my beloved 28th birthday. In the future I'll pray in advance for sunshine on January 17th!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Sorry it was a gloomy day. I've never even heard of that store. I really liked the 1st Sherlock Holmes movie, and I'm excited to see the 2nd. I am a Robert Downey Jr. fan though. I think he is a good looking fella

Melanie said...

Nancy Drew is classic! Good choice!