Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Everybody!

On New Years Eve I went to see Sherlock Holmes with my brother and sister!

I thought it was good but not as good as I was expecting it to be. See it if you want but don't see it if you have no desire. I actually enjoyed it more after it was over and everyone else was talking about the book and the fact that there might be a sequel. It got me excited. I think my problem with the movie was that Sherlock seemed to be kinda a loser. I grew up imagining that Sherlock was a brilliant genius! He doesn't appear to be all that smart in this movie until the end when he reveals all the clues. Overall it was a good movie but not great.

After the movie, my brother and I came back to my place and played some Mario Kart Online. It was fun for a change since I haven't been able to play for awhile. We played some really good people but we also managed to win a few races as well. My brother left at 11:30 leaving me to welcome the new year alone. At least I had Kittie.

Carlos was helping his best friend move on New Years Eve so I never had the chance to celebrate with the man I love. He did send me a text around the time my brother was leaving and wished me a happy new year and told me that he loved me. I was sad that he didn't wait an extra 30 minutes to wish me a happy new year properly. When midnight came and I never heard from him it got me thinking about our relationship and the events of 2009!

I suddenly became depressed. At the beginning of last year I was debating on whether or not to end my marriage. It was a really hard time for me and my body suffered greatly. I finally came to the conclusion of leaving my husband and thus the divorce process began. I had gone to my sisters the night I left Grant and they agreed to let me stay for as long as I needed. I didn't want to stay long so I told them maybe a month or two tops. It wasn't long until my sister and brother-in-law were almost forcing me out of their home. It was a stressful time since I was going through a divorce and getting everything taken care of and working a full time job. Now they were giving me a time limit to find an apartment. It was extremely fortunate that a co-worker of mine had a room mate who needed to sell her contract. I was able to take over the contract and move into the apartment the exact day that my sister was kicking me out of the house. I was able to room with a friend and the other room mates weren't that bad. It was actually a good situation. It took some time getting used to since I hadn't had to live with an apartment full of girls in almost 5 years! Shortly after my divorce I started dating Carlos. He didn't want his friends knowing about me so I was kept a secret. If his friends decided to come over to his apartment while I was there, he made me leave. If we had made plans to go out, they got canceled the moment a friend needed his attention. I spent a lot of nights crying myself to sleep. Things started to get better, but very slowly.
*Carlos hates it when I talk about our personal life in my blog SO to respect his wishes I won't get too detailed*

About the time our relationship was growing stronger, things started to get really bad at work. I knew that the manager hated me and was just waiting for the day I made a mistake so they could terminate me. I almost got fired in July but I was able to convince them to keep me on. I think my job would have ended there if the Store Manager had had his way. Luckily the manager that was available decided to keep me. Even though I had a job, I hated it and I knew they all had a close eye on me. I felt like I was walking on pins and needles everyday. Not cool! I finally got terminated the end of October.

I spent the majority of the holidays alone and with all the months that I've been dating Carlos, he has only taken me on 3 dates total. I know he can't help it with the hours he works. He would like to take me out more. I just think that after about 10 months of dating, 3 dates is pretty pathetic.

Most of my family haven't come around to accepting Carlos yet. Only my mom and two brothers. The rest of the family hasn't yet. I know my sister and her husband are coming around and hopefully my dad will follow shortly.

In a nutshell, 2009 pretty much sucked! Not much good came of 2009! I hope that 2010 will bring me much happiness! And I hope that I can make more of the time I've been given.

1 comment:

Kami said...

I really want to see Sherlock Holmes! I really like Robert Downey Jr.

Ya...I'm sorry your 2009 pretty much sucked, but it's a new year, and a new year can bring a new and better start. I hope 2010 is more enjoyable for you, and I hope you can be happy. Let us know if you need anything.