Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How Old?

I just celebrated my 26th birthday on Sunday! It's hard to believe that I'm closer to 30 than 20 now. I can't believe how old I'm getting. I still feel like a teenager most days.
I moved into my sisters house last Friday and will be staying here until my parents get here at the end of the week. My sister and her husband took me out for dinner on Saturday night to Olive Garden. It was really good. I haven't eaten out in a really long time and so it was quite enjoyable. Olive Garden offers a birthday cake these days that is actually really big. They do charge you for the cake but it is bigger than the other desserts and it sure beats getting a scoop of ice cream instead. The waitress asked, "How old are you turning? 21?" She was shocked when I told her 26. It made me feel good that I looked young in her eyes. On Sunday my little brother came over and we all went to my sisters in-laws for a good dinner. We didn't tell them it was my birthday until right before we left. Everyone was really nice and sang me happy birthday. Overall it wasn't exactly how I wanted to celebrate my birthday (I wanted to be with Carlos) but it was very nice that everyone was trying to make me feel good under the circumstances. I appreciated everything I received. On Monday I went to get the oil changed in my car and why I was waiting I was talking to another lady there along with the man at the front desk. The other lady was talking about how she was 40 and starting to go back to college. The guy at the front desk said that he was 32 and finally going to college. I mentioned that it was better late than never and that I was planning on going back to college myself. They both looked at me weird and so I told them that I was older than I looked. They asked how old I was and I told them I just turned 26. They were both shocked! The guy told me that he thought I was 18 or 19. That comment really made my day! He told me that I looked almost a decade younger than I really was! Wow! I've finally reached a point in my life where I love hearing that I look young. I hated it when I was younger and didn't look old enough to be driving or old enough to have a job. Now I love it! So I'm getting closer to 30, at least I don't look it!!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a nice birthday. For some reason, I thought you were younger too, lol. I forget. Anyway, Happy Birthday!

Melanie said...

Told ya so. My feels like a pedophile sometimes, he says I look young too. lol.

BTW just had to mention the word verification word for this comment is "farties" lol