Thursday, January 21, 2010

Moonraker's Bride


So I'm staying at my sisters and there isn't much for me to do here. The TV in the room that I've been using to watch my shows and play Wii broke yesterday. I got up to turn down the volume and the TV gave me a huge shock. Something in that massive shock broke the TV and we can't get it to turn back on. My sister has about 5 or 6 TVs in her house but I only feel comfortable using the one in that particular room. My sister and her husband go to bed pretty early since they are up early in the day having 4 young children. I'm not tired when they go to bed and this particular room is the only room in the house, with a TV, where the light doesn't shine into the master bedroom.
My second or third day at my sisters house, she came down to the basement where I'm staying and handed me a book to read. It looked really old and didn't entice me much. My sister told me not to judge the book by its cover and that it was a really good book. She thought I would enjoy reading it while I was here. I spent my days watching TV and playing Wii games until yesterday. I would read a chapter of the book before I went to bed but nothing more. Since there was nothing to do yesterday, I decided to read some more of the book. I ended up finishing the whole book last night. I couldn't put the book down after I'd gotten into the story plot.
The book is called Moonraker's Bride by Madeleine Brent. It was written in the early '70s but takes place in the late 1800's I believe. I don't want to get into the story plot but it was a really good book. It's a mystery/love story which makes this book perfect for me. I like a good mystery and I love a juicy romance. Put both in one book and it's awesome. I highly recommend reading this book. So good!

1 comment:

Kami said...

I don't know if I would have tried the book. Maybe some day I'll try it though.