Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sonicare


My parents got me a Sonicare toothbrush for Christmas and I absolutely love it. My teeth look and feel amazing. My breath is fresher for longer and my gums are probably the healthiest they have ever been. I've never been a huge brush and floss your teeth kinda person. I've been brushing my teeth after every meal and before bed since I was a young girl. I always hated it and so I would brush really fast and hard just to get it over with. Now my gums are receding and I worry about them constantly. Every time I go to the dentist they slap the back of my hand for the poor condition of my gums. I never floss either. Ever since I got a permanent retainer put on my lower teeth, flossing has become a burden. You have to thread the stupid floss into the actual gum and it hurts like H.E.Double Hockey Stick!! My gums bleed profusely every dentist visit! I decided to start taking better care of my teeth and gums. I've started brushing, flossing and rinsing everyday. Boy what a difference I've seen in my dental health. The bleeding is minimal to never. There were a few teeth that still bled a little bit from the flossing but after I started using the Sonicare the bleeding stopped. Have you ever had braces or used teeth whitening treatment? You know that awesomely smooth feeling on your teeth afterward? My teeth feel like that all the time now. I absolutely love it. No more plaque on my teeth and my gums are a healthy color! I recommend getting a Sonicare toothbrush. You will love your teeth and I'm sure your dentist will too! They are totally worth the money in my opinion!

3 comments:

Kami said...

Nice! I didn't know you had a permanent retainer in your mouth. I have one too! I HATE it! I've been thinking about going to an orthodontist to get it removed. I've had mine for about 5-6 years, and I want it OFF!

Kristin said...

I hate it too! I've had it since my Senior year in High School. I wouldn't mind getting my removed either.

Melanie said...

There's no reason for you to still have that retainer in. When I moved back to Texas, the first thing I did is went back to Dr Thorn and told him I didn't want my retainer anymore and he agreed it was unecessary and removed it and fitted me a temp one I wear at night ocasionally. SO MUCH BETTER!