Monday, January 25, 2010

Like Clockwork


My sleeping schedule is way out of control! I used to go to bed and wake up at decent hours when I was married. It wasn't until I started dating Carlos that things got all screwed up for me. His job made him work the most ridiculous hours imaginable and I would force myself to stay up till 1, 2, sometimes 3 a.m. just so I could spend a little bit of time with him. My body has gotten in the habit of not getting tired till at least 1 am. This really sucks. Sometimes I can be exhausted all day and doze in and out but when bedtime comes I'm wide awake. What's worse is that I always wake up sometime in the middle of the night around 3, 4, or 5 a.m. When this happens, I don't even come close to falling back asleep until about 7:30!! This was another habit from my dating life with Carlos. Sometimes he would have a horrible day at work and not want to bring his bad attitude home. He would go out with some friends from work and drink his sorrows away. I always waited for him hoping that he would come and see me. I would go to bed when sleep overtook me, but I would wake again in hopes that he was coming to see me soon, usually around 4 or 5 a.m.
My body has been doing this to me for months and I can't stand it anymore. Now that I'm staying at my sisters and her kids wake before the sun is out, I end up waking up with only about 4 hours of sleep. I'm tired all day and it takes every ounce of energy just to walk up the stairs. I never take a nap cause I always hope that I will fall asleep early....but I never do. My stupid body won't allow it! This is going to take some time to adjust. I hope it won't take long for my body to change sleeping schedules! I really could use the sleep especially since I have a horrible cold and a long drive to Texas coming up!

No comments: