Saturday, August 8, 2009

Two Stories

I wanted to share two stories with everyone that happened recently!

Sweet Story

About 1 year and 10 months ago I helped a lady and her daughters and granddaughter buy clothes for the funeral of the lady's husband. I was working in the Women's Clothing Department at Macy's at that time and I was a fairly new associate. I remember helping this lady cause I could tell that she was really having a hard time with her husband's death. Her daughters came up to me and told me that their mother was really taking his death hard and she needed my help finding a suit for the funeral. I probably helped them for about an hour. They were all pretty indecisive and didn't know what suit would be best for the occasion. So after servicing them for the longest time they finally made up their minds and made their final purchase. This lady has come into Macy's a few times since her husband's death and I always remember her. I have even helped her on some of these occasions. She of course doesn't remember me but I always remember her. Yesterday she came into the shoe department wanting to replace the shoes she was currently wearing. I of course recognized who she was and offered her my assistance. I brought out some shoes for her to try on and those didn't work so we kept on looking. We finally came across a orange pair that she really liked. She tried them on and decided she liked them enough to buy them. She was taking the shoe off when she noticed a small damage on the heel. I offered to give her 5% off (since the shoe was already on clearance) but she wanted 10-15% off. I finally agreed to give her 15% off. She asked if she could wear these shoes with black. I decided that giving her my honest opinion would be better than getting a $30 sale. If the shoes had only been orange then I would have said yes but since part of the shoe was orange and other part was cream I decided to tell her no. I told her that with the two different colors in the shoe they would look best being worn with neutral colors. She then proceeded to tell me that she only wore black these days.
*Now remember she doesn't remember me but I remember her*
She then told me that 1 year and 10 months ago to the date was the day she took her husband to the hospital. She started to get emotional and I just remained calm and let her cry. I told her that the orange shoes came in black and I went to the back to grab her size. Unfortunately we didn't have her size but I brought her the size smaller and larger for her to try on. To make a long story short, she ended up buying the size larger!!! While I was ringing up her shoes she continued to cry and talk about her husband and how hard it is having him gone. She told me that she came to Macy's to buy clothes for his funeral. I informed her that I was the girl that helped her and her daughters. She couldn't believe it. She started to cry some more and she reached over the counter and grabbed my hand. Being on my period and being extremely emotional myself I started to cry with her. She just held my hand for a minute and thanked me from the bottom of her heart for all the help I have given her! I told her to go to our website and tell about her "Outstanding" service and she assured me that she would since I provided more than outstanding service. She finally left after about an hour of shoe shopping with me. Even if she doesn't go to the website I will know that my service at Macy's really was OUTSTANDING! Let's just hope that she really does so I can rub in my managers face just how amazing I really am!

Scary Story

I woke up this morning and proceeded to the bathroom to take my morning piddle. I was sitting on the toilet when I noticed this massive bug with millions of long legs staring at me from the wall across from where I was sitting. I grabbed my cell phone and texted Carlos immediately. His response was an lol. I didn't like that so I texted him again stating that I had never seen this bug before in my life and I didn't know if it was fast or if it could jump at me. Again....lol!!! I quickly wiped, flushed and washed my hands. I ran out of the bathroom screaming and ran toward the computer. I googled the stupid thing and the first picture that came up was the picture of the monster in my bathroom.

Behold....I give you the House Centipede!!

I texted Carlos:

"It's a house centipede!!! I just googled the nasty thing. I need you to kill it babe. I can't get ready with that vile creature sharing the bathroom!!"

His response:

"OMG"

I decided to do some research on the little devil since I now knew what it was. I mainly wanted to know if it was poisonous! I went to ask.com and it brought up a story. I read the story and it didn't give me any info but then there were comments below the story. One of the comments was about how centipedes were predators and that they were poisonous. I kept reading the comments while beads of sweat dribbled down from my temples.

I texted him again:

"Internet says it's poisonous and the bite feels like someone is trying to extinguish a cigar on your bare skin!! Sorry to annoy but I'm too scared to kill the thing and they supposedly run wicked fast!! I'll get over it but if you come home and I'm paralyzed or dead you will know who the culprit is!"

He responded telling me it was one of God's creatures and that I would be fine. I continued to read the comments on the Internet and finally there was one that said that this was only a house centipede and that if it was big enough to bite it would only sting like a bee sting and only if you were allergic to it's venom would anything happen to you. They continued to state that the house centipede fed on bugs and wouldn't want to harm humans. I began to calm down a little bit but that didn't eliminate the the fact that they run super fast and could bite me at any given time. I decided to get over my fear and go back into the bathroom and face the demon so I could get ready for the day. Good thing I was off work today or I would have had to miss work cause a bug was on the wall. Anyway...I pushed the door to the bathroom open very slowly not to scare the thing. I then flicked on the light and examined the mirror to see if it was on the ceiling at this point. I didn't see anything so I continued to creep inside. I noticed that I was barefoot so I ran into my bedroom to put my slippers on. If I had to step on it suddenly I didn't want to feel it on my flesh. Especially foot flesh!! The cat was curious as to why I was creeping with slow movements and she decided to check it out with me. I could see this being a bad thing if the cat saw it and decided to play with it so I screamed and the scared the cat out of the bathroom before she walked to the whereabouts of this long legged troll. I walked in further and slowly turned my head around the corner to the piece of wall across from the toilet. IT WAS GONE!!! I ran out of the bathroom screaming and jumping in circles and the cat ran around too in confusion. I wish I had been video taped cause it was probably hilarious to behold. Since the bug had moved I decided to send the cat into the bathroom again to be my guard while I carried a bottle of Clorox bleach spray. It was the most toxic thing I could find. We started creeping in again slowly and this time I found it. It was on the same wall as before only this time it was closer to the ceiling. It was another repeat as before only this time I was crying in fear as I ran around screaming. I've decided that I can't get ready today until 1. Carlos kills the beast or 2. Carlos inspects every square inch of the place and then protects me from all threats. I can't eat or drink in fear that I will digest and the toilet will be my only friend. I can't shower to get away from the place. I could call for help but I didn't wash my face last night and my hair looks like I went through a tornado or something. I pretty much look like a zombie right now. I'm a prisoner in my own home and my stomach is growling. Carlos is supposed to get off work at 2 today and it is after 2 now so hopefully I won't have to wait long for my knight in shining armor to save me from the house centipede. I wanted to take a picture of it but I'm scared that the flash will freak it out and I can just see it jumping on the lens.

Hope you enjoyed my stories and got a kick out of my scary story. Believe me when I say everything is true. I have not exaggerated anything. I really am scared of bugs!

Warning: If you find the sudden urge to research the house centipede...be prepared for a most gruesome sight. I screamed and squirmed on the couch when all 10 images of the same bug displayed on the computer screen. You have been warned!

2 comments:

Kami said...

ha ha ha ha ha! What a creepy looking bug. I think it would have spooked me too.

I'm glad that the lady remembered you. How sweet! It's amazing how little things like that can impact people's lives. Good job!

Melanie said...

haha, love your bug story