Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Baby Is Born

Take a good look at these adorable little angels!
I didn't want to tell yet but I'm just so excited that I can't wait anymore.

A couple of weeks ago Carlos bought me a puppy! He has a friend/co-worker that has parents that breed 3 different types of dogs: Pugs, Boston Terriers and Portuguese Water dogs! He asked me to pick one and I picked the pug. I looked at google images all night of all 3 breeds and I couldn't get over this adorable face!!

Too cute if you ask me!!

The mother was still pregnant but she went into labor today! Carlos just texted me and told me that our baby was here and we only have to wait 8 more weeks before we get her! Yes I chose to have a girl! I don't want to deal with male doggy parts hanging and stuff. Grosses me out just thinking about it.

I can't wait till we can bring our little girl home! Kittie probably won't like it but I'm sure she will get used to having a little sister around the house before long! I think it is cute that our children will have the same coloring! Both have part of their father's dark skin and part of my light skin...lol ;-p

2 comments:

Kami said...

WHOA YA! I'm super extra excited for you. Pugs are cute. I saw one at the few a month ago, and it was so adorable. It let me pet it, and it's fur was so soft. I really want to see your puppy when you get her. Any names picked out?

I would highly recommend getting her spayed. As weird as it sounds, they have periods too, and you don't want to deal with that. Plus, she will be better behaved and she won't go into heat. The Vets at PetsMart are super nice. If you are looking for a vet, I recommend them. They have plans you can put your dog on too. Then you only have to pay a monthly fee, and you can take your dog in as much as you want without getting charged. The packages include all the vaccinations too.

I'm way excited for you!

Melanie said...

Pugs are very cute, but you should know, Males are typically more cuddly and sociable, but not always. If this dog is purebred you need to be really careful about respitory infections. Because of the shape of their face, they are prone to them. It can get expensive. Also they snore :-) I second the spay or neuter!! Pugs have difficult labors that often end in c-section so you don't want her pregnant for sure! While they are pretty good at learning to housebreak, remember to be patient! I think Lowla was 15-16 weeks before she was mostly consistent. It was just like having a new baby! Dogs are NOT low maintenance like cats.