Saturday, August 1, 2009

Since I've Been Back

Since I've been back to work this week things have gone really well. I was really nervous that I wouldn't get my job back in the first place. So when I did get my job I was expecting them to fire me for the first bad thing I would do. I felt like I was walking on egg shells all day on Tuesday. I've tried really hard to make a good impression and change my behavior at work. So far I have been a success!

1. I have exceeded my sales goal everyday that I have worked!
2. I have gotten so much accomplished on the sales floor and in our stockroom!
3. My manager has seen my improvement!
4. I've become more interactive with my customers and actually have some nice conversations with some of them!
5. I opened 5 accounts this week!

That last one is probably my greatest accomplishment this week. Getting our customers to open a Macy's card has become very difficult with the economy being so bad. Not many people want to open another credit card, especially a department store card that has a higher interest rate. I am extremely lucky when I open 1 account per week. The fact that I did 5 is freakin amazing!! What's even better is they did 2 contests this week. For every account that you opened you got to enter your name into a drawing for $50. For every 5 accounts that you opened you got to enter your name into a drawing for a free handbag of your choice!
So my name is in the one drawing 5 times which makes my chances of winning the $50 dollars greater! When I left work today at 5 pm my name was the only name entered into the drawing for the handbag!! Hopefully I'm the only employee that opened 5 accounts! Fingers crossed cause I really want a new handbag!! That would be totally awesome if I won both!

I would love to have a Coach handbag (not necessarily the one above) but our store doesn't carry Coach!! You can bet your bottom dollar that if I win...I'm picking the most expensive purse in the store!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

I would totally get the most expensive one. Even if I didn't LOVE it, it's free… that's all that matters! Lol

Kami said...

LOL! Heck ya! Go for the goods! I'm glad things are working out for you! Congrats!