Thursday, May 28, 2009

SHOPKO SUCKS

I will never shop at this store again!

I bought a Paramore CD there today and I was all excited cause I've been wanting this CD for a really long time.

I noticed that they had 2 different copies of the same CD except one was live and the other wasn't. The one that was live had a DVD and CD and it was only a dollar more than the other one. I was thinking that the live part was on the DVD. I thought this was a great deal getting the CD and a live DVD for only a dollar more. So I bought the dang thing.

When I got out to my car and popped the CD in I realized that not only was the DVD live but the CD was live too. I usually don't like live concerts cause the band never sounds the same and they usually are flat and sharp a lot. Paramore is no exception! The live CD sounds horrible. I love this band but I did not enjoy my purchase. So I decided to go back into ShopKo and exchange the CD for the other one.

When I got to the service center the lady had to call her supervisor since I had already opened the CD. The supervisor came and told me that I couldn't return the CD unless I exchanged it for the same exact thing. I told her that I didn't realize the CD was live and I wasn't happy with my purchase. She still wouldn't take it back. I complained and said I was buying the same CD just not the live version. She pointed at the Return and Exchange board behind her and told me that was the policy. Screw their policy. At Macy's we return ANYTHING!!!

ShopKo Sucks!!!

So when I got home I scooped the cat's litter box and put her poops in the ShopKo sack and chucked it in the dumpster!!

That's What You Get
(that happens to be the title of a Paramore song)

At least the DVD is enjoyable and I'm getting something for my money!

ShopKo is definitely not my life, my style, OR my store.

2 comments:

Kami said...

I can't believe that! Especially since you just wanted to exchange it for the same thing. What a rip off! You could try taking the cd to Walmart to exchange it. They take anything, even without a reciept. Just tell them it was a gift.

Jessica Carlson said...

It is a federal copyright law that once a CD or DVD is opened you cannot return it unless you are returning it for the the exact same item. This is because people buy CD's and DVD's and burn them and return them for money. You should learn to read what you are buying carefully!