Monday, March 23, 2009

Pepsi

Growing up my parents never let us drink any soda that had caffeine in it. So I grew up drinking Sprite, 7 Up, Root Beer, Creme Soda and other such drinks that were caffeine free. I just always thought that this was a Mormon thing. I assumed that other Mormon families had the same rules and didn't drink soda with caffeine in it either. When I moved to Utah I soon realized that it was just my family that had that rule. Well....not just my family but not all Mormons keep away from soda with caffeine. I made friends with a guy when I first moved here that was addicted to Dr. Pepper and he forced me to take a sip of his. I soon became addicted myself. Dr. Pepper is the bomb and I love it!!
Where am I going with this?
Last night I had Pepsi for the first time ever. I think I may become addicted to Pepsi too. I still think Dr. Pepper is better but I really enjoyed the taste of that Pepsi. I've been craving it ever since it touched my lips. I was really strong today and I didn't get one on my lunch today even though I was really tempted.
I just thought I would share with everyone my new love for Pepsi!

2 comments:

Kami said...

My family had the same rule, and I still don't drink it. I have a sip of Dr. Pepper or something else once and a while, but I'm just not accustomed to those drinks. You are pretty brave for trying new drinks and stuff.

Melanie said...

Pepsi is my go to cola. I love it, but since I've been pregnant and breastfeeding I get the caffine free variety, it tastes the same to me. Now I just gotta worry about destroying my kidneys. Why are all the good things so bad for you?