Monday, March 12, 2012

Hylian Shield, Obtained


I'm still playing The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, but I'm almost done with the game. These games usually take a long time to play since there are so many different side quests and extra stuff to do. Sometimes I would have to spend some time just hunting for bugs and treasures so that I could upgrade weapons or infuse potions. Anywho, the last several days I've been trying to obtain the Hylian Shield before I head to the last temple. My little bro, who beat the game before Christmas, told me that I didn't have to get the Hylian Shield but that it would make the world of difference if I had it during the last temple. The problem with obtaining the shield is this:

1) You have to fight at least 8 of the previous bosses
2) You CAN'T use ANY potions
3) Your life meter DOES NOT replenish between fights
4) If you die or quit...you have to start over from the BEGINNING and receive NOTHING for your efforts
5) You DO NOT get to pick the order of the bosses you fight except for the first fight

My brag of a brother informed me that he obtained the shield one his first attempt. BRAT!! I don't remember how many attempts it took me...either 5 or 6, but I was really getting annoyed because the first few times I died at the same boss!!! It was really getting annoying when I'd make it to the last round...and DIE!!! I finally read in the cheats that I could buy a Guardian potion and infuse it so that I wouldn't lose any life for 3 whole minutes. The cheats also told me that if I equipped my potions medallion in my pouch, I wouldn't lose any life for 9 whole minutes...as long as I drank the potion right before I started the challenge. It still took me 3 attempts to beat the challenge even with the infused guardian potion in my system. Anyway, I finally obtained my Hylian Shield today. Wanna know how I did it?
I PRAYED!
That's right, I prayed. Sounds a little stupid but I got so tired of this challenge and I really wanted that shield. I was so lucky because I chose my most challenging opponent first and beat him in about 2 minutes. Then the second opponent thrown at me was another challenging one that I beat in about 2-3 minutes. Potion still going strong, I beat a third challenging opponent. I can't remember for sure but I think my potion either ran out at the very end of the third battle or the beginning of the 4th. Fourth battle was super easy cuz it was one of the first bosses in the game and I didn't lose any life even without the potion. Fifth battle was super challenging (when it usually isn't) but I lost several hearts and I began to freak. Sixth battle was with an easy beginning boss that has several heart pots to break so I broke them all and only had one heart unfilled by the end of the battle. Seventh boss was another super easy beginning boss that has a butt load of hearts to pick up and so I had a full life meter when I started my final battle.
This was the point when I paused the game and prayed!
I knew what opponent was awaiting me...and it wasn't an easy one. Probably the second most challenging boss in the game to this point. I lost a lot of life...but I never died....Hylian Shield OBTAINED!!! Yeah!!! I was so grateful that I finally beat this obnoxious challenge. I don't know if the prayer had anything to do with my victory, but I like to give credit to the prayer. Now I can start the final battle fully equipped with nothing but the best!

2 comments:

Kami said...

ha ha! That is awesome! Congrats!!

Melanie said...

glad you got your shield! I've prayed for video games before! hahah.