Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bealls


Today I started my new job at the Bealls in Grapevine, TX! I was lucky that my boss at Palais Royal was able to secure me this position. The company I work for has stores with 5 different names depending on what part of the country you are in. Stage, Bealls, Palais Royal, Goody's, or Peebles...all different names but all the same store. All the stores in the Dallas/Fort Worth area are Bealls stores. Unfortunately I don't live close to a Bealls and the closest one is in Grapevine. I have about a 30 minute commute which doesn't sound that bad except that they are doing intense highway construction that is extremely difficult to maneuver. I've been told that the construction is going to last for 2 more years. Yikes!! The drive to the store isn't that bad, but the drive home is HORRIBLE!!! I got off work at 6:30 and by then it was already pitch black outside, plus, it was pouring down rain. My directions home were pretty much useless since I couldn't navigate through the pouring rain and read directions. I made it home safely after I met my new boss a week ago, but it wasn't dark or raining that time either. Truthfully, I only made one wrong turn cause I couldn't see the exit, but it wasn't too detrimental. This new store is smaller than the last one I worked for and business was REALLY slow but overall everything went really well. I think I'm going to like the people I work with but I have some adjustments from what I'm used to.

No comments: