Thursday, February 23, 2012

Long Day


It was a long day today with the drive to Fort Worth. We started early and I'm relieved to finally be in bed so I can relax. We got up around 6 to get ready and eat breakfast before we left. It was around 1:30 when we finally arrived and my parents signed all the paperwork to close on the house. Afterwards we headed over to the new house and I was able to walk around and see the gorgeous house in person. Then we drove to the hotel to let the cat out of her carrier and we went to eat dinner. It doesn't sound like much happened but the drive took forever and my right bum cheek was really starting to hurt from sitting so long. I was the lucky individual that got to drive the cat to Fort Worth. We bought her a carrier that had a food and water tray inside and so I kept her in that during the drive. I've been really worried about her and I've been fretting over this day. Luckily, we were able to get a sedative for her. It wasn't exactly exciting giving the cat her pill but with 3 people we were able to do it. Surprisingly she handled the drive very well. She did meow a bit when we would drive on bumpy road but I'm glad she had the sedative. I'm sure the cat will be very happy when all the commotion is over and she can roam around the new house. Tomorrow will be another long day and I'm not looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight than I did last night.

2 comments:

Kami said...

I didn't know you had a cat! Is it the cute siamese?

Melanie said...

Moving is always so stressful but sounds like your in the ends of it. Miss you already!