Friday, February 17, 2012

Last Day At Work

Today was my last day of work before the move. I figured it would be less stressful for me if I just took off work the week that we move so I can focus on packing and other moving stuff. Luckily my boss was able to secure me a position at a store in the Fort Worth area. I plan on starting my position at the new store a week after the move, resulting in two weeks of no pay. That's kinda gonna suck but I think it's for the best so that I can get adjusted and find my way around the area a little bit.
I figured that I'd be really emotional today, with it being my last day, but I surprisingly wasn't. I didn't shed a single tear like I thought I would. I think my most emotional day was Tuesday because it was my last day to work with my manager. When I arrived at work on Tuesday morning, my boss surprised me with an award....
Store Associate of the Year!!
I was really shocked to receive this award and I'm thrilled to know that my hard work is noticed and appreciated.I hope this means I'll get a good raise in March!!! I also received a paid day off along with this award.
It will give me great pleasure to pass this over to my new boss in Fort Worth as a kind of "brag" that I'm awesome! My boss also gave me a wrapped package of a Hershey Kiss crystal jar filled with kisses as a going away present from her and the rest of the store.
Everyone has told me how much I'm going to be missed and even my boss told me that I'm leaving REALLY REALLY REALLY big shoes to fill. This hasn't been the best paying job that I've ever had but I've really enjoyed working with the ladies that I worked with at this store. I'm really going to miss most of them too. I hope that I have as good a time at the new store and that I'll work with some really awesome people!
Buh Bye Palais Royal Store #194

2 comments:

Kami said...

I'm so glad they treated you well. That is a lot better than your previous jobs. Congrats on the award! I'm know you earned it and deserved it! Good luck with everything!

Melanie said...

I was always sad to leave a job I liked with great co workers. I hope the new store in Dallas is just as good to you!