Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Holidays

The Holidays haven't been so pleasant for me this year! I've felt very lonely and completely forgotten. The past 4 years I was married and I spent my holidays with my in-laws. They had a very warm and inviting home and the holidays were great. This is my first year spending the holidays alone. I wasn't expecting to lose my job and so my parents bought me plane tickets for October since retail employees can't take days off in November or December. I lost my job and my parents couldn't afford to fly me back in November or December. I was a little sad but I figured I would be able to spend the holidays with Carlos. His mother bought him a last minute ticket to LA for both Thanksgiving and Christmas...leaving me alone for the holidays. I do have some family here but everyone kinda cut me off after my divorce. Really sad actually. My sister just started coming around a few months ago. I spent Thanksgiving alone in my apartment with Kittie. When my sister found out that I had been alone, she felt horrible for not checking to see if I had had plans. So she offered to let me hang with her and her family for Christmas. I took her up on the offer and spent last night and most of today with them. It was nice not being alone and I did enjoy spending time with her and all her in-laws. But something was lacking. This wasn't my family and I still felt a sense of loneliness. My grandparents are having a Christmas dinner on Sunday and my grandmother couldn't find it in her heart to call and invite me. Instead she invited me through my sister. Not one of my relatives sent me a Christmas card but they all managed to send one to my sister. It's been a pretty emotional day and I feel like a worthless loser. At least my sister was there to save the day for a bit. I've spent most of December recording Christmas movies and watching them. I forced myself to watch two movies that I've never liked.

It's a Wonderful Life
and The Nightmare Before Christmas
I actually enjoyed both for the first time in my life. I guess I needed to watch them as an adult to appreciate them.

Every year my Grandma takes me, my sister, my aunt and one of my cousins to see the Nutcracker. We've been doing this for the past 6 years and I look forward to it. But we couldn't go this year. My aunt didn't have any weekends available this December and my Grandma didn't want to drive alone in snowy weather. I asked Carlos if he would take me but he never got around to purchasing tickets and sometimes I would like him to take some initiative.

:-(

Yesterday I went to see Princess and the Frog with my sister, niece and some other people.

It was cute but not my favorite Disney animation.

Last night my sisters kids did the nativity for us. It was cute to see them all dressed up. I volunteered to be a sheep cause there weren't any sheep costumes.

The kids woke me up early this morning to open presents and that was fun to watch. They got lots of nice gifts from Santa and mom and dad.
Santa even brought me a gift!
A gorgeous aqua marine necklace (really from my sister).

My mom got me this pretty Nutcracker figurine!

It has a lit up scene on the back! It's very special to me!

And the most special gift this year was the one from Carlos! He thought that I deserved to have some diamonds so he bought me this gorgeous necklace.

Only mine isn't yellow gold! Pretty huh?
I got a few more gifts but those are my highlights! I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: