Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Family Dinner

On Sunday I went to my grandparents for a Family Christmas Dinner.
Originally I didn't want to go because I have some personal issues with some of my extended family. At first it was a little awkward because everyone wanted to catch up. Everyone wanted to know if I was still working at Macy's and then they wanted to know what my plans were now that I was no longer employed.
Everything got better after dinner. My Grandma wanted to have a Christmas program where everyone sang solos. None of the adults or teenagers wanted to participate. So the program started with my niece, Kaelynn, singing Joy To The World.

Everyone thought that was precious. She knew almost all the words. Then my nephew sang Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and my other 2 year old nephew sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with his older sister and brother. It was all so adorable. After some awkward silence we all decided to sing a song together. After some begging from my Grandma, I finally agreed to sing a duet with my sister. We picked Angels We Have Heard On High and I thought we did a marvelous job. I felt my lip twitching from the nerves and I hope no one caught that on camera. Any whose....a couple of my cousins finally came around and sang some songs too. Overall I warmed up to my family and had a wonderful time. I'm glad that I forced myself to go. Everyone was really nice to me and I'm excited to see them again next year.

1 comment:

Kami said...

I'm glad your family is warming up. I'm surprised they are not being supportive. I think hard times in life is the when you need family and friends the most.