Monday, July 27, 2009

My Weekends

Some of my family flew into town on the 13th of this month. I was able to get some time off work to spend time with them. I got a whole weekend off the 17-20 to be with them. My sisters in-laws have a second home in Salt Lake that they let us stay in.

I don't think Kittie had ever seen a suitcase before. She really enjoyed playing in my luggage while I packed.

Our first day in the Salt Lake house my older brother flew in. I hadn't seen him in a few years and it was really nice to see him. I got to talk to him a little bit alone while the rest of the family went to the grocery store. My older brother, Danny, and I were the closest growing up. We are the most alike and we are also the closest in age. Danny has been inactive from the church since he graduated from High School and he assured me that he was not critical of what happened with my marriage. Even though my divorce was back at the beginning of March and my relationship with Carlos started shortly after, most of my family doesn't want anything to do with him. It was nice to have at least one family member be supportive of my choice of life style.

That night we went as a family to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I had already seen it but I was still excited to see it again. I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first time but it was still a fun family outing. The next day I went to the Hogle Zoo with my parents and my niece and 2 nephews. It was fun. I hadn't been to a zoo since I was in elementary school. We got to see lots of fun animals.

We played lots of games together as a family and on Monday the 20th we celebrated my little brothers 21st birthday. After the birthday dinner I took my mom, grandmother and 2 brothers to meet Carlos (they were the only family members that wanted to meet him). Everything went really well and everyone really liked him.

I went back to work on Tuesday and became very depressed. There was a huge project that had been given to us before I went on vacation but we couldn't get to it before I left. I came back from my trip to see that it hadn't been touched and nothing else had been done either. I started working on the project hoping that my co-worker would help when he came in. I ended up doing the whole project and then some all alone. My co-worker didn't lift a finger. I worked my butt off for 3 days doing EVERYTHING!!! On Thursday I had had it with my job and my co-worker and I stopped working when my shift ended. However, Carlos hadn't left to come get me yet and so I decided to stay on the clock and continue working until he showed up. My co-worker was really pissing me off so I went to the back stockroom when I noticed that Carlos was calling my cell phone. Being angry, depressed and over worked, I answered my phone to talk to him. He tried to calm me down and tell me everything would be okay. The conversation lasted 10 minutes or less and I left to go home when he arrived. On Friday afternoon they called me into the office and gave me my finally warning about my phone call I took the previous day. I was sent home and given 2 paid days off to think of a plan of action to improve at my job. I went home furious and crying cause they obviously don't see all the behind work that I do. I could go on forever about all the politics and injustices that go on at my job but that would take a really long time. Carlos comforted me as best as he could and sent me to go spend time with my family. I drove to Salt Lake and toured the Beehive House with them. It was nice to be with family and it gave me something else to think about.

Saturday I went to a family reunion at my grandparents in Tooele. I didn't want to go originally cause my grandparents made it very clear that Carlos was not welcome in their home and I was offended. The only reason I went was to spend time with my parents before they left. Sunday was my newest nephews baby blessing and that was enjoyable. I spent the entire day with family and they all left to head back to Houston today.

Today was my last paid day off work since my warning. I can either call them and say that I no longer desire to work for the company or write a plan of action to present to them. If I go with the plan of action route they can decide whether or not to keep me. If they keep me I have to be perfect for 6 months or I'm terminated on the spot. I have decided to take my chances and write a plan of action that I will be presenting tomorrow at 1 pm. Hopefully they will be willing to take me back. I don't have another job in line and Carlos can't pay my bills forever. Please keep me in your prayers and wish me luck!


Kami said...

WOW! I have so much to comment about!

Your cat is so cute! I can't believe the way your family is reacting to Carlos. How unfair! He makes you happy, so I already like him. I LOVE the picture of the Red Panda! So cute! Your work is so MEAN!! I can't believe that. Just because of phone call in the back? Don't they give you breaks or anything? Retarded! I will definitely keep you in mind and I hope you get to keep your job! If not, I hope you find a better one that treats you well. GOOD LUCK!!

Kami said...

p.s. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you! We are still here for you.

Melanie said...

I bet it was nice to see your family. Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun doing stuff. You took some really great pictures at the zoo!