Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bye Bye

Cameron left this morning to go back home to Oregon. I can tell that Carlos is sad to have his son gone. He really wants him to come back for another month in a few weeks. I enjoyed having him here and spending some time with him. I wanted to do more with him but he has a really short attention span and he gets bored quickly. I had high hopes of taking him to the zoo, Seven Peaks or Lagoon. None of those things worked out. His aunt beat me to the zoo and the amusements parks didn't seem to amuse him cause he didn't want to go somewhere crowded. I ended up taking him to the swimming pool twice and that was fun. The first time we went to the pool there were some other kids there for him to play with....the second time we weren't so lucky. I felt bad cause we didn't have any toys but I found a hair clip that we used for a diving toy and he seemed to enjoy our little substitute. My favorite part was taking him to see Up in theaters. I think we bonded the most on that outing and I got to play parent. I don't have children of my own yet so it was fun for me to play a parent figure. I was really nervous to meet Cameron cause I knew Carlos would be watching to see how we got along. I knew that our meeting would play a huge part on a future with Carlos. I think things went really well between us. Carlos told me that Cameron really liked me which makes me feel great. Apparently Cameron didn't like Carlos' ex-girlfriend at all. Kudos for me!!! I will be excited to see him when he comes again and hopefully we can do more than just play video games and swim!

1 comment:

Kami said...

Awww...too bad. I'm glad you two liked each other. I bet it made a really good impression on Carlos. How old is Cameron?