Sunday, April 15, 2012

Colleyville YSA Ward

Today I decided to be brave and I went to the Singles Ward for the area that I live in. I've lived in Fort Worth for a little over a month now and I'm pretty much settled in to my new home and I've been working at my job for several weeks now. I was able to get the information that I needed on the Singles Ward and went for it. I was scared because I really haven't been in a Singles Ward since about 2004 and so I was pretty freaked out. I went to a Singles Branch once when I was living in Houston and I absolutely hated it. My experience with going to the Branch was pretty bad and so I was hoping not to have a repeat of that experience when I went to the Ward today. I got lost a few times while I was driving to the building but I found it in the end. I'm happy to announce that I think I've found my ward. I had a great time with this ward and I think I'm really going to enjoy these people. I didn't talk to many people today but quite a few people came to talk to me and I was really grateful. There was one guy that came to talk to me right when I sat down in the chapel and I think he might be interested in me but it's still a little too early to tell. Besides, I just want to focus on making friends and getting to know the people in the Ward before I start dating anyone. I really just wanted to share that I tried it out and had a wonderful first experience.

2 comments:

Kami said...

Good for you! I'm glad you had a good time. Single wards are scary.

Melanie said...

Glad it was a positive experience for you! I hope you find many new friends there.