Friday, August 13, 2010

Will I Continue To Draw?

To answer your question, Kami, yes I will continue drawing! However, I will not be taking anymore art/drawing classes. I never realized how important drawing is for Interior designers until I started watching shows on HGTV like Color Splash and Divine Design. I do have a few more Interior Design based drawing classes that I will be required to take for my degree.

Technical Drawing for Interior Designers is one of the courses. I assume that I'll be learning how to draw floor plans in this class.


I guess I'll find out in the Spring when I take the class :-)

I'll also be taking a Presentation Drawing class where I assume I'll be drawing very detailed depictions of what an actual room is going to look like, almost like a photograph.

I'm not too nervous about taking the technical drawing class but I think the presentation drawing class will be a challenge. These are the only 2 classes that I know of that require drawing but some of the other classes may require it as well....I guess I'll find out when the time comes!

3 comments:

Kami said...

Floor plans are really fun to draw. I know you'll be awesome with this degree.

Kristin said...

I hope so...thanks so much! :-)

Melanie said...

its a wonder you still have to do all that with the array of design software out there that would probably do most of that for you