Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Honesty Pays

Today I went to Office Depot to buy some school supplies! I didn't buy much but I noticed that the cashier didn't charge me for my $2.99 pencils. I was looking at my receipt while waiting for a green light. Good thing I hadn't gone far when I noticed this. I made a U-turn and headed back to Office Depot. I could have easily just gone home and told myself, "It's only $2.99. There's no need to go back to pay such a small amount." Well I wouldn't let the devil on my shoulder get the best of me. The cashier apologized and told me it was her mistake and I didn't have to pay for it. She thanked me for my honesty and sent me on my way with free pencils. I guess honesty pays. I got to keep my 3 bucks and my pencils. Yeah!!
PS: Office Depot was my first job 7 years ago and it was really fun walking in there again. It brought back fond memories. The store has been completely remodeled and I got lost looking for the calculators. It was pretty cool because my favorite manager still works there. He was too busy or I would have stopped him and said hi. I'll have to say hi to him the next time I go buy supplies.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Awesome! And hats off to you for being honest. I probably would have not even checked my receipt.