Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stupid Car

It rains a lot down here in Houston and I've had to drive through some floods to get home from work some nights. The weather is really hurting my car, I think. My brakes aren't working as well as they did before I moved here and my car screeches really loud when I turn it on and put my foot on the gas. I've been really concerned but too afraid of the cost to repair anything. Last Wednesday the check engine light came on in my car. I was hoping that the stupid light would turn off eventually but by the end of the week it was still there. On Monday I took my car in to get it checked out. Over $1,000 to get the car repaired. We asked what was necessary to get it fixed and they said it all needed to be done or the car would just die on me eventually. My dad was able to talk them down in price to $903 but that is still a lot of money, for me.
I just barely got home with my improved car and it feels great. I got some new brakes and I feel safe behind the wheel again. I better feel safe after spending 900 bucks, right? My checking account has seen better days and so has my savings but I'm happy that I had the money to take care of my car and that I'll have enough money to pay my bills before next pay day. I may have to apply for financial aid or something so I can continue going to school but luckily fall semester is mostly paid. I'm extremely stressed financially but I know everything will work out in the end.


2 comments:

Jana said...

I live in denial when it comes to stuff like this!! I would just ignore it until it did die on me! Great job taking care of it now, instead of later!! :)

Kami said...

I'm glad you got your car fixed, but DANG! That is a ton of money.