Friday, August 6, 2010

Exhausted

I'm completely exhausted!
Wednesday was my first day off in two weeks! I worked a total of 97 hours between my days off. Wednesday came and I was SO excited to have a day where I didn't have to do anything. Early Wednesday morning I got a text from my Gymboree manager asking me to come in for a 4 hour shift. I literally started bawling. We've been having a ton of problems with the Gymboree management staff and I'm really the only reliable employee at this time. On Tuesday night my manager asked if I would like to be promoted. I turned down the position because I know I wouldn't be able to work the hours needed for that position once I start school in 3 weeks. Luckily I ended up not having to work on Wednesday and I was never so relieved in my life. One never really knows quite how tired they are until they take the time to actually rest. My work week has been pretty simple since Wednesday and I haven't had to work both jobs since Tuesday. Now that I'm not working ALL day I'm realizing how much these 97 hours have done to me. I took 2 naps today and I don't know how I'll be able to get through my short shift this evening. Should be interesting....luckily it's only 2 hours.
Not only am I exhausted from work but I'm feeling really down. I'm on my period and my stupid hormones always play tricks with my brain.
I love my dad SO much but I just don't have the patience that I wish I had when dealing with him. My dad thinks of me as that young teenage girl that lived here 7 years ago. He forgets that I'm almost 27 and I'm not that immature little girl anymore. He jokes around with me and tries to make conversation with me that seems pointless. I'm really starting to get annoyed with him and my first reaction is to snap at him. I feel SO bad and I find myself crying in my room because I don't want to be mean but I don't know how to get it through his head not to treat me like a child anymore. Back when I was growing up, I had no obligations. My parents paid for everything. Even after I graduated from High School and got my first job, my parents still paid for everything. This time around I have numerous amounts of bills to pay that cause me daily stress. I work so much and I make very LITTLE money. I'm lucky that I have parents that are letting me live with them for free because I would never be able to afford a place of mine own with the income I make. I wish I did make good money so I could live on my own. The past two weeks my parents were in Utah visiting family and I had the house all to myself. I never missed them once because I was enjoying my freedom. I feel bad for saying that because I do love my parents but I'm really needing my space.
Sorry that this post is mostly a venting post but I have to get it out somehow.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I know what you mean. When we moved to Texas we lived with my parents for a few weeks and I love my parents to the end of the earth, but I sure missed having my own space! I know what you mean about your dad, he cracks me up though. I have to say he's probably one of the only adults that didn't change a bit when I came back.

Kami said...

I'm sorry. Sounds like you need a vacation. If I had a ton of money, I would mail you some to help relieve stress.