Monday, June 15, 2009

I Win

So I mentioned previously that I was going to play Mario Kart with my boyfriends son and I wanted to tell everyone about it.

First I want to say a little about his son. Carlos was married several years ago and now he has an 8 year old son, Cameron.

Cameron lives in Oregon with his mom and step dad but he visits Carlos during his summer vacation.

I was really nervous to meet him cause I knew that Carlos would be testing me on how well I got along with his son. Talk about scary. Well we finally met and things were quiet for a bit but we started playing the game and we soon became friends. We spent most of Sunday playing together. He really likes me. Carlos has told me several times when we are alone just how much Cameron likes me. He says stuff like, "I like her daddy, she is really nice," "Is Kristin going to spend the night with us? She can sleep in the bed next to me," "I'm going to take Kristin to go get ice cream!"

Carlos and Cameron went to a BBQ yesterday for a little bit and Carlos asked him if he wanted to stay longer and he told me that Cameron said, "Kristin might be lonely so we should go back home and spend time with her."

Sweet Huh?

I'm really enjoying spending time with Carlos and Cameron and I'm glad that his son actually likes me. Carlos is really happy about this situation and I can tell that he cares about me even more now.

So we all played Mario Kart and I of course won!! But....Cameron did really well. He beat me twice! I'm really impressed with him cause he uses the wheel and he challenges me. He knows a lot of the short cuts in the game and he has agreed to show me some of them the next time we play. He is a really sweet boy and I'm glad that he likes me. Carlos told me that he only met one other girl friend and he didn't like her!!

I'm a really happy girl right now! This is going to be a great month!

1 comment:

Kami said...

That is so cute! I'm happy for you. We need to play MarioKart sometime! We played the other day, and I'm so rusty. You'd probably kick my trash.