Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Here Kitty Kitty

About 2 or 3 weeks ago the guy I'm dating got me a cat! Isn't that sweet? I can't have a cat at my apartment so she lives with him but I go and see her often. He tells me that he got the cat for me but I think he really got her for himself. The previous owner named the cat Kitty and we both agreed to keep it Kitty. The picture above is not our baby but that is what she looks like. I have pictures of her on my camera but I can't get to a computer that my memory stick works in. I hope to post some pictures of our baby soon so that everyone can see her. Anyway....Kitty ran away yesterday. We were both devastated. I came to the apartment to look for her on my lunch break but I had no luck. I came and looked some more when my shift was over and again I had no luck. My boyfriend was sweet and kept the window open just in case she found her way home. My boyfriend texted me this morning around 6:30 to tell me that she hadn't come home yet. At 8:11 this morning he called me exclaiming, "Guess who's back?" He said he woke up to her on the bed licking his toes! We are so excited to have our baby back. My boyfriend confessed to me that he would let Kitty out and explore for a few hours but that she always came back. He agreed that he won't let her out anymore. So I am going to Petmarts to get her a leash and a license with our info on it. I'm spending part of my day off with Kitty. However...she is acting different. She usually sits on my lap and sleeps when I am here with her. She never wants to leave my side and she follows me around the apartment. Now she just does her own thing. I don't even know where she is. Probably in the bedroom. I hope nothing bad happened to her yesterday to cause this personality change. Or maybe she enjoyed the beautiful sunny day yesterday and she wants to go out again! What do you think?


1 comment:

Kami said...

That is scary. I'm glad she came back. What a relief. I had some cats growing up, and sometimes one would leave and come back. Sometimes the cat didn't let us pet it after it had been gone a while. I think they just need to regain that bond of trust. Animals are all about trust. Maybe some jerk was mean to her when she was gone. I'm sure she'll be fine after a while.