Thursday, March 4, 2010

He's Still Alive?

When I was growing up, there was this little old man that always rode his bike around the neighborhood. He rode every single day and he always made an effort to smile and wave as he passed. My whole family liked him and was impressed that he got out and got his exercise. I remember he always wore these really short shorts, a collared golf looking shirt and a baseball hat.
A few days ago while I was driving home, I passed a little old man walking in the neighborhood. I was at a stop sign when I noticed him smiling and waving at me. I smiled and waved back and then it dawned on me......he was the bicycle man. I couldn't believe he was still alive and active. He may not be able to ride his bike anymore but he still makes the effort to get out and get his exercise. I'm highly impressed. No doubt all that bike riding and walking has helped him live longer!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I wish I could be that motivated now, I got tooo much junk in the trunk. lol