Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sweet Relief


I FINALLY finished my Principles and Elements of Design Notebook for my Interior Design class. I was beginning to think this project would never get done. I already announced that my parents computer needed to be rebooted last week and that I had to start over on everything. I started rewriting everything on Wednesday and I thought it would be wise to email myself a copy of the finished analysis'. However, when my dad was trying to get some help fixing the computer, we lost our Internet connection and I couldn't get online to email myself my project for safe keeping.
*I wanted to scream*
I was scared to death that the computer would mess up again and I would lose my project and have to start over a third time. Wednesday night I asked my dad if he knew anything about the status of our printer. He couldn't get online to check the tracking number.
While I was at school on Thursday, my dad called me to tell me that we should have received the printer 8 days earlier. We looked on the calendar and discovered that my mom was in Dallas that day visiting my brother and both my dad and myself were at work that day. Turns out the printer was left on the front porch and most likely stolen. My dad told me that he wasn't going to buy another printer.
*WTF??*
I had yet another heated conversation with my dad about the importance of owning working technology. I then asked my dad if he would print my papers at work.
He said NO!!! 61 pages was too much for him to be printing on his company printer.
You want to know what my dad said to me after he declined to print the papers?
He told me to contact my teacher and tell her that I was having computer and printer problems and that I wouldn't be able to turn my project in on time.
*WTF??*
Was he really serious?
I told him that NO college professor would care about my computer and printer problems. She would tell me to find a working computer and printer and get my project done.
I finally contacted my good friend (Thanks Mel....you were a life saver) and asked if I could print my project at her place.
Yeah!!!
I was finally able to print my papers and get my P&E Notebook all assembled!!!
It's DONE and it looks fabulous. I'm finally able to relax and have good night sleeps. I hope I don't have anymore computer problems for the rest of the semester!!
*Fingers crossed*

1 comment:

Kami said...

I'm glad you finally got that project done! Ugh!! What a pain the butt your computer must be. I would trash it and get a new one. Too bad your dad doesn't see how essential computers are to college students.