Thursday, September 23, 2010

School

I live, eat, sleep, and breathe school anymore these days!!
I don't really have much time for anything but school and work. If I'm not in class or working, I'm working on homework.
I'm doing pretty well in my College Algebra class (knock on wood). So far we've turned in one homework assignment and I got a 100. We've also done 2 group/class work assignments that I've also received 100's on.
Today I had my first test and I'm hoping that I did well. My nerves always get the best of me when I take a test but I just tried to relax and allow myself to take as much time as I needed. She pulls all the test questions from the problems we work in the book but some of them looked foreign to me. I think she lied because I work ALL the problems in the book. I know I won't get a 100 because I forgot to write my restrictions on the rational equation. *Sigh* I remembered as I was driving home.
The teacher gives us 5 bonus questions for each test and she gives them to us a week before the test. The bonus questions are hard but they are worth 2 points a piece totaling a +10 on the test if you get them all right (no partial credit). I worked all 5 problems by myself and had the tutor look over my work. I'm proud to announce that I got them all right and received a +10 on my test. I'll probably get my test back next Tuesday!
I hope it's an "A!"
I started my Interior Design class last week and the teacher isn't taking it slow. Our first test is next Monday AND she assigned two projects we are working on back to back. Originally both projects were going to be due on the 4th of October but she noticed that the majority of the class was stressing and she eased a bit. Now one of the projects has been turned into a group project and the due date has been extended. Yeah!!! The other project is still due on the 4th and it is taking forever. I really didn't think it would take that long but it's so time consuming. My plan is to have the project finished by bedtime Sunday night but I'm beginning to think that goal is impossible. We shall see, I guess!
Not only is it taking a lot of time but the cost is insane. I've already spent $115 on this project alone! I have a feeling this class is going to be more expensive than that dang drawing class was.
Overall I'm enjoying my classes but they are really hard and I'm exhausting myself trying to get "A's" in both.

2 comments:

Kami said...

That is so ridiculous that you have to pay so much money to do projects in class. Doesn't the school provide you with some materials? Ugh! Good luck with your school!

Melanie said...

I can't remember how I did it in school taking 15 credit hours and working part time. I guess just one day at a time. When I have some difficult deadline ahead I always focus on the day after it knowing that when that day comes, and it always does, then somehow I'll have made it through whatever project/test/presentation. It makes it a little easier to cope for me. Good luck!