Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Olympics

The 2010 Winter Olympic games started last week. My family has always loved to watch the Olympics. I didn't watch them too much after I got married but now that I'm living with my parents again I'm watching them almost all day. I'm watching events that I've never watched before. I'm really enjoying routing my fellow country men in bringing medals home. We don't always win but I'm proud to say that we have won the most medals for our country. Yeah! Go USA! My favorite winter event has always been the figure skating. The pairs skating was the past two days. Our two American pairs weren't that good but they were better than some of the pairs that passed them up by other countries. Oh well. Tonight the men's skating is on. I'm really excited. My favorite male skater ever is Alexei Yagudin who won the gold medal in 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic games.
He isn't doing the Olympics anymore but he was AMAZING!!!!!
The first male skater just skated and it was beautiful!! Should be a good night full of excellent skating programs!
If you haven't been watching the Olympics, I suggest that you start. You will enjoy it.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I watched most of the figure skating too. I've been enjoying it. I thought I'd like ice dancing, but it got boring really fast with the same song and dance over and over again just different couples.