Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Made It

So my dad and I finally made it to Texas on Sunday afternoon. We left early Friday morning and drove for 2 1/2 days. The drive wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. The first day was kinda difficult because we drove through the mountains and there was a lot of construction. We tried to keep the car in cruise control but it would kick out of cruise when we would go up steep hills. It was rough going a max speed of 55 mph. Even though the first day was tough, it was a beautiful drive altogether. The second day was smoother and we were able to drive 60 mph but it was flat and ugly going through New Mexico and Texas. The third day was our shortest drive and I was able to drive us all the way. I'm relieved to be done with all the driving. Today we unpacked the trailer and returned it. Tomorrow I get to tackle unpacking all my clothes (which is a lot)!!!!! Now I have the stress of finding a job. I worry that I won't be able to get a well paying job. My hometown has turned into a trash pit in the years that I was living in Utah. The people and living situations are different and I know this will take some getting used to. Wish me luck. I hope to be able to get a job by the end of the month!

1 comment:

Kami said...

Glad your drive went well. Good luck with the job hunting. That is never a fun process.