Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pattern Mixing Board & Color Notebook

I've turned in 2 more Interior Design Projects since the last time I blogged something. One of them has been graded and the other just barely got turned in last night.
Pattern Mixing Board
The teacher assigned us an "ugly" fabric that we were required to design a living room around with at least 5 other patterned fabrics and only one solid. Starting from the bottom left we see the upholstery for the sofa. Then going to the right (still on the bottom right) the two goldish fabrics are throw pillows for the sofa. The navy fabric will be a throw pillow for the Wing Back Chairs that will be upholstered in the fabric located directly above the throw pillow fabrics. The Wing Back Upholstery was the "inspirational/ugly" fabric for this rooms design. Moving to the left of this fabric we see the fabric that will be used for the ottomans and the navy fabric will be used for the dining room chairs in the dining room in this open floor plan. Directly above the ottoman fabric we see some upholstery for some sitting chairs in a reading area by a window. The last fabric on the top right will be used for the draperies of this space.
I received a 96 on this project for a few minor details. Some of my fabrics had thick paper behind the sample that caused some bunching when I wrapped the fabric on the board.
Color Notebook
My Color Notebook was turned in last night and so I won't receive my grade until after the Thanksgiving Holiday. I wanted this project to look very similar to my P & E Notebook from earlier in the semester. Here are a few highlights from this notebook.
This is the color wheel that I made out of different fabrics. This wheel actually took more time than you would think....holy crap!!!

Fabric Simulation using a patterned fabric!

Achromatic Color Scheme ~ black, white and grey

Analogous Color Scheme ~ 3-6 colors adjacent on color wheel


Triadic Color Scheme ~ 3 equidistant colors on color wheel

My Final Room Analysis

1 comment:

Melanie said...

wow, I'm so impressed your projects are turning out awesome. I just didn't realize there was so much supporting theory behind design.