Sunday, November 28, 2010

Black Friday


Black Friday was murder for me this year. I've worked several Black Friday's in the past but NOTHING even came close to how bad it was for me this year. I've never worked two retail jobs at the same time before. Ready to hear what I worked?
6:30 am- 11:00 pm.
Did you calculate that for me?
15 1/2 hours!!!
Craziness I tell you. It really wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. Alex was really sweet and he drove an hour from Katy, TX just to bring me some caffeine. Isn't he the sweetest? I wouldn't have made it without the caffeine perk. I worked yesterday from Noon-10:30 which wasn't as long a day but I was more tired yesterday than I was on Friday. I think my exhaustion from Friday caught up with me and I was really dragging my feet by the end of the day. Luckily I was able to get off both jobs today so that I could relax a little and re cooperate. I don't really have much time to rest since I'm far behind on my school work. I've spent most of today shopping for office furniture for my final interior design project. I think I'm finally set for the furnishings!! Just need to pick out my finishes, draw up the floor plan and come up with company logos for both myself and my client. Geez!!! As soon as I'm done with this post I'll be pulling out my Algebra and working on that the rest of the evening. I'll be so happy when this semester is over. I'm exhausted!!

2 comments:

Kami said...

15.5 hours!! That is nuts!

Melanie said...

I was afraid to leave my house on Black Friday just cause I thought traffic would be terrible, I can't imagine what you were going through as a retail employee!