Tuesday, April 20, 2010

All Registered

It's been really hard for me to get errands done since I started working these two jobs. If I'm not working at one job I'm working at the other. The past two weeks have been pretty rough and I've been working close to 50 hour weeks. Last week was the first week that my hours dropped from both jobs and I was able to finally get some things accomplished. I was able to get my vehicle registered in Texas and get my Texas drivers license!! Yeah! It was such a relief to get those two things off my chest. Today I made the dreaded trip to Lone Star College to register for classes. I waited forever but I'm all registered for summer and fall classes. I decided to take the first two semesters easy since I haven't been in school for 8 years. Luckily my classes from 8 years ago are still on file and I don't have to redo any of them.
I'm doing the two year Interior Design program and I should be done around January 2012! Most of the classes for my degree are design based and I don't have to take many classes outside my field. Phew...no science or history classes required for me.
My first class starts in June and it's a drawing class. I'm not super excited for this class since I can't draw worth crap but it's required for my degree.
My second class starts in July and it's a Public Speaking class. Again, not super excited about taking a speech class but it's also required.
For the fall semester I'm taking College Algebra and Fundamentals of Interior Design. Not much but it should be a good start. I wanted to kinda ease myself back into school. I'll try and take more credits in the spring next year.
In case you can't tell....I'm super excited to be going back to school and to be starting in a couple of months.
*I'm also excited that I'm making the necessary steps to improve myself*

1 comment:

Kami said...

Interior Design!! Awesome! I'm so excited for you. Interior Design and Graphic Design were 2 majors I thought about as well, but I ended up in drafting. Good thing too. I never would have met Dave otherwise. Well, congrats! I'm way happy for you.