Monday, September 8, 2008

Macy's Shoes


Today was my first day working in the Women's Shoe Department at Macy's. It was so much fun. Way more fun than clothes. I don't have to clean any fitting rooms. You have no idea how rude some people can be. On numerous occasions I would go to clean a fitting room and I would find expensive $300 suits or prom dresses in a pile on the floor. SO RUDE!! Have the decency to at least put the clothes back on a hanger dang-it!! So far the shoe department has been more pleasant. I can't exactly explain why it is more fun except that it is! Twice a year, in the shoe department, they do what they call a "Job Out" and today was one of those days. We had to go through our entire clearance section and pull out the ones that have gone to penny stock (ring $0.01 in the register). This may take the whole week....we shall see. These unsaleable shoes will be sent back to the vendors. So today was a "keep me busy" day, but it was refreshing compared to my clothing area that didn't get much sales. I'm so excited for my new position!! Yeah!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I'm glad that you like your new job in shoes. I hope you make lots of commissions, too. Love you.