Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Favorite Christmas Movies

With only 9 days left till Christmas I decided it was time to start watching some of my favorite Christmas movies. I thought it might be fun to share what some of those movies are. Keep in mind that these are only a select few and there is no particular order.

HOME ALONe
I just barely watched this one. I think everyone loves this movie. The story is so creative and it has a happy ending. I love the music too! One of my favorite parts is when Kevin puts the taranchula on Marve's face and he screams like a little girl. I laugh so hard at that part.

Christmas VacationThis movie just has way too many funny parts to pick one. The movie is funny from start to finish and I think everyone should see this if you haven't. Sensitive people should see an edited version, though nothing super bad is in it!

White ChristmasI used to watch this every year with my mom. I made Grant watch it one year and he didn't care for it. He claims there is nothing Christmas about the movie and I concur. The only Christmas part is at the very end. However, I still love the movie and enjoy watching it with my sister every year!

The Santa ClauseThis is the best of the series. It's actually the only one I've seen but the other 2 look stupid. I think Tim Allen is funny and the kid who plays his son is adorable!

Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer
I have fond memories of this movie. I watched it every year as a little girl. There were several clay-mation movies made for Christmas but this is my all time favorite. Everyone loves this movie. It was made in the 50's (I think) and kids still love it now in 2008! Rudolph is so cute!

The NutcrackerIf you read my previous post you already know that the Nutcracker is special to me, but this motion picture is especially precious to me. This is the first ballet I ever watched when I was about 3 years old. My mom put this on TV hoping that I would watch it but little did she know that I would actually be mesmerized by it. I watched the whole thing without getting bored. My mom knew she had a little ballerina in the family after that. What makes this Nutcracker so much better than all the others? Mikhail Baryshnikov! He was one of the best if not the best ballet dancer of all time. He was awesome!!!

The Nutcracker PrinceI enjoy watching this with my niece!

ElfThis is an awesome Will Ferrell movie. Not much of his stuff is clean but elf is clean and funny!

What are some of your favorite Christmas movies?

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I think we have similar taste in christmas movies. I would add to your list A Christmas Carol, starring George C. Scott and my very favorite is the Muppet Christmas Carol. (I love those little mice.) I also love A Muppets Family Christmas. The Muppets always make me laugh.

blaine and michelle said...

I love Elf and Santa Clause, too. And, like my mom said Muppet Christmas Carol. As a kid I always watched Mickey's Christmas Carol, too, but I haven't seen it for years.

Kami said...

Fun! I've always wanted to see White Christmas, but no one will watch it with me. I really like Danny Kay. I really like Charlie Brown's Christmas.