Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Huge Dilemma & Much Depression

I was fairly blonde as a child and I'd have to say that my hair color was gorgeous! My hair started to change color the more I aged and I'd have to say that my natural color is a mix between strawberry blonde and dirty blonde. I've been coloring my hair since I was 18 years old and I finally decided to be bold and bleach my hair. So at the beginning of the year I had my hair dresser bleach my hair. This is what we got! Pretty huh? I think so.
My hair lady gave me this special conditioner and told me to use it at least 3 times a week. I was a good girl and obeyed for the most part. I bleached my hair again sometime in the summer but I forgot to ask for more conditioner. I was stupid and thought that the stuff probably didn't help much anyway. We went on a cabin trip back in September and I had a bad accident involving my hair, a round brush, and a really hot blow dryer!!! I was styling my hair like usual when I happened to look at my brush and I saw a huge singed chunk of hair in it. It was very scary and I cried just a little. Shortly after the trip I began to notice my hair breaking on other parts of my head. Not cool. I finally went in for another hair appointment where we didn't bleach my hair and she cut it a little above my shoulders. Even after the cut and condition my hair continues to break all over my head. I'm serious when I say the breakage is all over. It's really sad. I don't want to damage my hair anymore than it already is so I've stopped styling my hair straight altogether. So those of you that see me a lot be prepared to see me with my crispy hair.
This hairstyle isn't as flattering but it is super easy and I don't have to apply much heat to create it. I think my hair broke due to many reasons. I plan on buying a new blow dryer and brush and we shall see if that helps any. Wish me luck on my hair growing process!!!

P.S. I really like the shirt I'm wearing in these pictures!! I wear it a lot!

2 comments:

Kami said...

I noticed your hair was all curly and fun the other night. I thought it was shorter because it was curly. I've always really liked your hair. I'm not a blonde fan. I generally like black and dark brown hair, but blonde really flatters you and makes you look really pretty and flirtacious. I'm sorry is breaking and crap. That really sucks. I would recommend Pantine. I love the stuff. It's supposed to strengthen your hair and make it look nice. It worked for me.

The Carlsens said...

Yeah, bleaching and dying hair can cause serious damage. That is a good reminder to stay away from so much heat! I use my blow dryer and straightener probably more than I should! Your hair has always looked pretty no matter what you do with it. : )