Monday, August 25, 2008

Mario Kart Wii

So I'm totally and completely addicted to Mario Kart Wii! I have to play it everyday. My day is not complete unless I've played some of my Mario Kart. I pretty much play all day on my day off. Pretty sad but I love it so much. I've been playing online with other people from around the world. When you start playing online you automatically get 5000 points and either gain or lose points depending on your winnings or losings. The highest possible points you can earn is 9999 and I'm currently at 9226 (give or take a few). Not only do you earn points, but you have the ability to earn a single, double or triple star rank that will show next to your name while you play online. You earn this star by playing on the normal Grand Prix races in the game (not online). The game determines your overall rank by how well you play against the computers. The worst rank I have seen is a "C" while the best is and triple star. I have diligently been working on getting a triple star rank on all 32 Grand Prix races. I was finally successful last night before bed!! It was quite the celebration!!




Now these 3 stars will show next to my name when I play online!! Feel the fear people!! Some of my favorite characters are Pookie Poo (my mii character) on the Magikruiser....



Birdo on the Mach Bike.....


and my most used character: Rosalina on the Flame Runner!!

3 comments:

Kami said...

Wholly Cow! 3 STARS!! Thats amazing. We should play online with each other more often. Give us a call when you play.

David Furr said...

For sure, we want to play with you guys more often. We'll just get our trash kicked but it's still so much fun. I didn't know the rank came from the Grand Prix only. That's good to know. Your blogs are so fun to read!

Melanie said...

Gee, you'd totally dust my husband and all his friends. You always were a mario kart fanatic. You should play against Christina's husband, Marshall, he's pretty good, but I think you'd finally give him a challenge. I'm just horrible at the game. Do you play with the wheel or with the nunchuck?