Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sweet Pulled Pork

Meal #5: Sweet Pulled Pork

3-5 lb. Sirloin or Boneless Pork Loin Roast
1 cup Salsa, any kind
1 cup Packed Brown Sugar

1. Place ingredients in a greased or coated slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours.  Shred pork with a fork or potato masher before serving.  Use meal in burritos, tacos, or salads.

My Review

This was the easiest meal yet.  Just a matter of combining 3 ingredients and letting the crock pot do the rest.  This was totally my kind of meal; simple and yummy!  We ate ours in tacos with some green bell peppers, shredded cheese, and the delicious sour cream.  I'll definitely make this meal again, and it's going to be a keeper for the rest of my days on this earth.  My only recommendation would be to serve this recipe with bigger parties.  With just my parents and me eating this, we had left-overs for weeks and eventually ended up throwing the rest away.  It's amazing how much a 3 lb. pork roast can feed.  

4 1/2 Stars
    

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I like to cook beef chuck roast in the crock pot and then shred it and add a bottle of bbq sauce and serve on large baked potatoes with all the fixins. When I know I have too much, I just bag it and freeze it, makes a quick and delicious go to dinner!