Saturday, May 19, 2012

Tiger's Curse

  Tiger's Curse By: Colleen Houck

 OMG!!!!! I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!!  
This book definitely goes into my group of one of my favorite books ever!  This book is another romance story....go figure, right?  The story combines romance and adventure and maybe some other stuff which makes it a wonderful and enjoyable read.  I was starting to get annoyed with all the love stories out there about vampires and werewolves and so this was a PLEASANT change.  I loved how the majority of the story took place in India.  I took a History of Interiors course in school last fall and we learned a little about the architecture and furniture styles in India.  I actually ended up doing my final project for the class on India.  Anyways, I was able to visualize the different types of Hindu Temples found throughout India while I was reading her descriptions.  

I think that my studies of India during the fall really helped me to appreciate the characters' surroundings in this book.  I'm even more fascinated with India after reading this book.  I loved almost every part of the entire story.  The main character was starting to get on my nerves in the last few chapters just because she was acting like a stupid girl and I wanted to smack her around a bit.  However the main guy, Ren, is now officially up there with Mr. Darcy and Mr. Rochester on my list of men that I love!!!  Ren is AWESOME and I wish he was mine!!!  

1 comment:

Kami said...

Interesting! I haven't heard of this one. I think I might try it. Valek is my literature heart throb. I'm not a huge Darcy fan.