Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happenings Of Late Part II: Utah Vacation

My niece, Kaelynn, got baptized 2 weeks ago yesterday!!  She asked me personally if I would come to Utah for her baptism.  After that, I couldn't refuse and I made sure that I would be there for her.  I was able to get 5 days off work and so I headed to Utah for a mini vacation.  My sister kept us busy from the moment I landed, but I enjoyed every minute of my time with family.  My older brother that lives in Dallas got the same days off that I did, and so we were able to travel together.  It was really nice being able to be together as a family with all four of us kids and our parents.  I'm going to try and take more time off work so I can spend more time with family in the future.  My first day there we went directly to Tooele to visit my grandparents for a few hours.  After our visit we headed to Park City to spend the night in my sister's in-laws' cabin up in the mountains.  We spent the majority of the next day in Park City just chillin and talking.  We went for a walk to Olympic Park to see the bobsled run and the ski jump. 


 I enjoyed our little tour immensely because my whole family really gets into the Olympics when they are going on.  I also enjoyed some beautiful scenery and even some wildlife!

The very next morning, Saturday May 5, 2012, Kaelynn was baptized!  We went out to eat at Kneaders after the baptism and relaxed most of the afternoon before all us adults went to Thanksgiving Point to see the Avengers.  My sister has a membership at Thanksgiving Point and she had 2 free tickets to see the Thanksgiving Point Gardens.  She let my little brother and me use her free passes and the three of us went to see the beautiful gardens.  The Tulip Festival is over but there were plenty of tulips still and it was beautiful.  I'm surprised that I never went to the Tulip Festival when I lived there.  Here are some pics from the gardens.  






 I thoroughly enjoyed the Avengers but I wish they had spent more time fighting the bad guys than fighting each other at the beginning.  
Go Captain America!!!
I'm sad that my trip was cut short but I can't afford to take off too much time from work.  I hope that next time I can take off at least a week.  
Last but not least.....my sister bought a dog around Easter time and I REALLY want one!!!

 Meet Bella, a Havanese!!!  I loved this sweet dog so much that I'm determined to get one of my own as soon as I'm in a living situation where I can have one!!  I miss Bella so much!!
Overall I had a wonderful trip and I realized how much I really miss the Beautiful State of Utah!!!

1 comment:

Kami said...

Utah is a great state! I'm glad you got to spend time with family. That dog is SOOO cute!