Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thumbs Up



Yeah!!! So I've finished reading both Dreadnought and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas!!


I finished Dreadnought sometime last week and I really enjoyed it. It took several chapters for it to pick up, but once it did, I didn't want to put it down. I personally think that I enjoyed Boneshaker more, but I think Dreadnought was still a good read.


I finished The Boy in the Striped Pajamas last night and I was sad when it was over. To my surprise, the book was actually very short and it seemed to have been written for the teenage population. Regardless, I still thought the book was phenomenal and I didn't want the book to end. Kinda sucks that I'd watched the movie before I read the book because I knew how the story ended.


I had thought that reading both books would take up the majority of my summer, but since The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was an extremely easy and quick read, I might be able to fit one more book in before school starts. Since I'm finding Clementine hard to locate, I'll probably end up reading the Silmarillion next.


I'm sorry that I haven't blogged much this summer but I think I've kinda been in a blogging rut. I really haven't had many good ideas for blogs and my life is so uneventful that I have nothing to share. I'll try and be better before I start school next month.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Hooray for finishing books. I completely understand the sad feeling when a wonderful book ends and you want it to last forever!! You should try Poison Study by Maria v. Snyder. It is a trilogy, but Poison Study is the first. It is AMAZING!! Plus the guy in it is my literature heartthrob! I've been slacking on my summer reading.