Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Little Bookworm

I've become quite the little bookworm lately.  I never read as much as I've been doing so far this year.  Thanks to my iBooks app on my iPhone, I download books all the time and read them for free.  I'd also like to thank goodreads for helping me keep track on what I want to read and what I've already read.  I also get some great reading ideas from my friends.  Since the last time I wrote about my reads I've read 4 more books.  
Fire
 This wasn't my favorite book but I really wanted to read the whole collection.  I enjoyed Graceling much more than I enjoyed this book.  I felt like this story dragged on and on and I couldn't wait for the story to end.  I got really annoyed with the talk about Fire's monthly bleeding and I just couldn't get in to any of the characters really.  Archer really annoyed me when he got two different women pregnant around the same time....may he rest in peace.  
Bitterblue
 A much more enjoyable read than Fire.  I found it difficult to put this book down because I wanted to keep reading.  I really felt bad for Bitterblue and I found myself just as frustrated as her with her situation.  I only wish that Graceling had been as detailed as this book was.  
The Help
OMG I loved this book!!!!  I don't really know what to say other than.....I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!  I loved all the characters and I have a new appreciation for what African Americans had to go through even after slavery was abolished. It makes me sad to see how they were treated.  I absolutely love the whole poopy pie part!!!  Great book!
Tiger's Destiny
Much better than the previous 2 books in this series.  Kelsey still annoyed the crap out of me but all ended well with this book.  There was a lot of sadness in this book but much happiness as well.  I'm just glad that Kelsey FINALLY listened to her heart and chose the man of her dreams.  I'm eager to read the next and final book in the series when it comes out.  I have no idea what could possibly be in store for the next story.  
As you know I'm already reading The Hobbit and I think I should be done with that book before too long!  

1 comment:

Kami said...

Fire was harder for me to get through too, but I loved Bitterblue! The Help is so great! That bit about the naked man freaked/grossed me out though.